Undergraduate Programs: College of Engineering and Computing Sciences
Babak Beheshti, Ph.D., Dean
Frank Lee, Ph.D., Chair–Long Island
Aydin Farajidavar, Ph.D., Chair–Long Island
Professor Lakhdar Amara, Chair–New York City
Yoshikazu Saito, Ph.D., Chair–New York City
- Bioengineering, B.S.
- Computer Science, B.S.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering, B.S.
- Information Technology, B.S.
Xun Yu, Ph.D., Chair
The College of Engineering and Computing Sciences offers high-quality undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs to prepare students for advanced studies and challenging positions in business, government, and industry. The college is guided in this mission by tenets embraced by New York Institute of Technology: the professional preparation of students, applications-oriented research, and access to opportunity for all qualified students.
Integral to success are our faculty’s dedication to teaching, scholarship, and service; the support of alumni, industrial advisory boards, friends, and employers; and the college’s state-of-the-art facilities that provide students with a solid foundation for achievement.
To accomplish our mission, the College of Engineering and Computing Sciences:
- Offers a broad range of outstanding, accredited academic programs
- Supports faculty members who are effective teacher-scholars committed to a student-centered, stimulating learning and research environment
- Engages students in applied projects, innovative design, and computing solutions to real industry questions
- Fosters connections and partnerships with employers, alumni, and the community at large
- Provides the physical space and modern facilities that befit a premier technology institute
Vision: Engineering for Society, Innovating for a Better World
At NYIT College of Engineering and Computing Sciences, students have the opportunity to work on 21st-century technological challenges that directly affect the world in which they live. The college is known as “the place” where innovators, engineering firms, public utilities, and federal and state agencies seek talented faculty and students to advance their projects, inventions, and technologies in the classroom, the lab, the field, or on site. By the time they graduate, our “industry ready” students are equipped with the fundamentals needed to pursue graduate studies and are prepared to join the workforce with minimal on-the-job training.
The College of Engineering and Computing Sciences offers baccalaureate degrees in computer science, electrical and computer engineering, information technology, mechanical engineering, engineering management, electrical and computer engineering technology, and telecommunications network management. Students who have not chosen a specific branch of engineering as a major, or who do not fully satisfy the entrance requirements for engineering, may be classified with an “undeclared” status in the College of Engineering and Computing Sciences up to the end of their second year. Transfer students and students who have completed more than two years of coursework should check with both their academic and financial aid advisors regarding their status as majors. The college also offers master’s degrees in computer science, electrical and computer engineering, energy management, cybersecurity (information, network and computer security), data science, mechanical engineering, and bioengineering.
Dean of Engineering Honors Program
Established in 2012, this program broadens and enriches the academic learning experience, creates an environment of excellence and excitement, and puts students on the path for success. Incoming freshmen will be admitted to the program based on academic excellence in high school.
B.S. with Accelerated M.S. Option – Five-Year B.S./M.S. Options
The college offers five-year accelerated degree options leading to a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Science in the following areas:
- B.S. in Computer Science and M.S. in Computer Science
- B.S. in Computer Science and M.S. in Cybersecurity (Information, Network, and Computer Security)
- B.S. in Computer Science and M.S. in Data Science
- B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering and M.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering and M.S. in Cybersecurity (Information, Network, and Computer Security)
- B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering and M.S. in Data Science
- B.S. in Engineering Management and M.S. in Energy Management
- B.S. in Information Technology and M.S. in Computer Science
- B.S. in Information Technology and M.S. in Cybersecurity (Information, Network, and Computer Security)
- B.S. in Information Technology and M.S. in Data Science
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering and M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
For more details on accelerated degree programs, please visit the B.S. with Accelerated M.S. Options page, and contact the chairperson of the department. For more information about the Dean of Engineering honors program, visit the Dean of Engineering Honors Programs page.