To meet global needs for contemporary management with cross-national experiences, NYIT offers an Executive Master of Business Administration (E.M.B.A.) program to the international business community in partnership with world-renowned educational institutions in China, including Xiamen University, Tsinghua University, Jinan University, and Renmin University of China. Upon meeting all program and degree requirements, students receive an NYIT E.M.B.A. and a Business Administration Certificate from one of NYIT's partner institutions.
The E.M.B.A. program curriculum consists of 36 credit hours of coursework and emphasizes practice/application. In addition to in-class learning, students have experiential learning opportunities via various extracurricular activities including visits to Wall Street, interactions with the executives of Fortune 500 companies, cultural and social experiences, and other events. All lectures are delivered in English.
E.M.B.A. Program Features
The E.M.B.A. program features are highly relevant to success in a globalized contemporary business landscape and include:
New York City
Exposure to a World Business Capital
Upon successful completion of the program, students are awarded degrees from NYIT as well as a business certificate.
Unique Learning Outcomes
NYIT's faculty members possess strong academic backgrounds, extensive business experience in the United States, and first-hand knowledge of China. The program's delivery system, integrating in-class lectures, case-study methodology, visits to business firms, special-topic seminars, and industry executive collaboration, together with an emphasis on practical applications and emerging issues in the business environment, enhance students' managerial capability and executive business performance. Most importantly, it helps broaden students' scope and prepares them for success in the 21st-century business world.
Students develop direct contacts with American executives and other students, forming an invaluable network to strengthen career and business development. Students also have access to a pool of more than 95,000 NYIT alumni worldwide, and graduates of the program are eligible to maintain a personal email account with NYIT for life.
E.M.B.A. Academic Policies and Standards
The School of Management implements processes for the E.M.B.A. programs that are in addition to those of the University for the purpose of ensuring effective student selection and retention.
Waivers and Transfers
This cohort-style program does not permit waivers or transfer credit hours. The program is completed in its entirety through the joint and collaborative agreement between NYIT and its partners.
Academic Probation and Dismissal
When a student's cumulative GPA falls below 3.0, the student is placed on academic probation immediately. The student then has exactly one semester to bring the GPA to 3.0. If the student fails to do so, the student will be dismissed from the program. Grounds for departmental review and possible dismissal from the program also include:
Upon meeting all program and degree requirements, each student will receive the NYIT E.M.B.A. and a business certificate.
Back to Top
- Four-year baccalaureate degree, or a minimum of 120 credit hours completed from an accredited college or its equivalent.
- TOEFL score or another standardized English exam score.
- Three years experience in industry, commerce, government, or the professions; applicants may also submit a work portfolio containing at minimum, an account of significant professional accomplishments and responsibilities, a description of their current firm or professional activities, and an essay explaining the value of the E.M.B.A. to their professional portfolio.
- Although not formally required, a GMAT score will be considered for those who include this into their portfolio.
- Two letters of recommendation.
General Application Materials
- Completed application.
- $50 nonrefundable application fee.
- Copies of undergraduate transcripts for all schools attended. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- A notarized affidavit and notarized bank statement must be provided to demonstrate sufficient funds to support study in the USA.