Exercise Science, B.S., Exercise Physiology Concentration
The Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science with Concentration in Exercise Physiology degree builds on a foundation of New York Tech’s general education curriculum and progressively introduces courses and experiences that encompass the wider domains of exercise, fitness, health, nutrition, and physical activity. The curriculum includes courses in kinesiology, aerobic conditioning, movement analysis, and survey of athletic injuries. As seniors, students take a capstone course that includes experiential learning and practical experiences where emphasis is placed on critical thinking skills, undergraduate research, and oral communication that enhance professional capabilities. Our graduates are able to apply scientific, physiological, and psychological concepts related to athletic, exercise, and fitness performance. They are also prepared to design and implement safe and effective fitness programs for a wide variety of populations.
This bachelors degree prepares students for entry-level positions within the exercise and fitness industry. Career options include working in a fitness center, Boys and Girls Club, YMCA, gymnasium, with a sports team or club, and in a leadership position at an exercise facility. Graduates with this degree are also prepared to take additional certifications by accredited organizations in the field and/or consider graduate programs in exercise physiology, physical therapy, occupational therapy, or management.
The School of Health Professions is pleased to provide an early assurance opportunity for entry into the Doctor of Physical Therapy program to those students who qualify and are enrolled in the Exercise Science, B.S. program. All existing program criteria remains the same.
International F-1 students who successfully complete this degree are eligible for an additional 24-month STEM OPT extension to work in the U.S. in an area directly related to their area of study immediately upon completing the customary 12-month post-completion Optional Practical Training (OPT).
Back to Top
This program follows our general admission requirements.
- Completed application
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Copies of transcripts of all high school work, including college-level courses. Your midyear and final grades will be required. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- First-time, first-year applicants may choose to submit their application without standardized test scores to be considered for admission to New York Institute of Technology. You also have the option of submitting test results if you feel your academic strength is best reflected by your scores:
- SAT Code: 2561, ACT Code: 2832
- Two letters of recommendation
300–350 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Tell us about your career goals and why attending New York Tech would further these goals.
- Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and why.