New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM) has developed the following transfer and waiver policies in accordance with our educational objectives.
In order to be eligible to transfer, a student must have successfully completed the first two years of an osteopathic medical school curriculum accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) and be in good academic standing. The student must have no prior record of unsatisfactory academic performance in a course or clerkship or been found guilty of any disciplinary charge. This status must be confirmed in a letter from the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs at the prior school.
The following is required:
- The student must have passed COMLEX-USA Level I on the first attempt.
- The student must complete the last two years of medical school at NYITCOM.
- The student will need to complete a criminal background check as part of the application process.
- A personal interview is required as part of the application process.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended, including undergraduate, graduate, and medical schools must be submitted.
- Record of MCAT results.
Contact the NYITCOM Office of Admissions to request the Application for Transfer Admission.
Transfer Credit Evaluation Policy
Requests for transfer of credit for NYITCOM pre-clinical coursework will be considered on a case-by-case basis from student applicants with previous doctoral-level degree coursework who have been accepted to NYITCOM as new matriculants. The student must provide the college catalog, syllabus, and official transcripts from the college/university in which the course was originally credited to provide NYITCOM sufficient information to decide if the course in question is equivalent to that offered in the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine Curriculum at NYITCOM. Approval of the transfer credits will be the responsibility of the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, in collaboration with the course directors and Curriculum Advisory Committee.