Student Employment is coordinated through the Office of Career Success and Experiential Education on each New York Tech campus to provide a variety of on-campus employment and off-campus paid community service opportunities for New York Tech students. Additionally, Student Employment is an experiential learning program, which offers orientation, professional development training, hands-on learning, evaluation and reflection, strengthening the overall student employment experience.
The Office of Student Employment provides a variety of on-campus and off-campus paid employment opportunities for New York Tech students at all academic levels. These opportunities foster and promote career, personal, and professional development and aids in the ability to enhance the necessary skills needed for success after graduation. Students have the ability to apply learned skills and theories in a practical setting while earning income to assist with college expenses. All student employment positions are posted in Handshake. Handshake is New York Tech's online career platform for students and alumni to schedule an appointment with a career advisor, upload résumés, search for employers, apply for jobs and internships, view events and fairs, and access career resources.
Student Employment strives to:
- Support the recruitment and retention goals of New York Tech
- Assist students seeking part-time employment that will complement and support their academic experience
- Provide training for career and professional development
- Expose students to experiences that foster lifelong learning and job development
- Assist students in financing their education
- Educate supervisors and employers to create an impactful student experience
- Deliver administrative and technical support to employers and the New York Tech community