Business Administration A.A.S.
NYIT offers a two-year Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Business Administration for high school graduates or adult learners interested in exploring contemporary, evolving college life and/or want to return to college to retool their basic skills. Our A.A.S. program emphasizes learning goals focused on knowledge acquisition, contextual understanding, and application to practice. These features help to build skill sets that enable graduates of the two-year degree to either continue their academic progress by pursuing a four-year degree, or advance their professional goals in the business world.
A.A.S. Programmatic Learning Goals
They are the same as those for the B.S.B.A. program.
School of Management A.A.S. Assurance of Learning
Assurance of learning principles are identical to those in the B.S.B.A. program. However, the emphasis of exposure to learning goals in the A.A.S. program is primarily focused on knowledge, understanding, and when applicable, to application, with less emphasis placed on the upper categories of Bloom’s Taxonomy involving analysis, synthesis, and evaluation.
Students enrolled in the A.A.S. program must complete one of four track concentrations: accounting, finance, general management, and marketing. Specific learning goals for these areas are identical to the respective major-specific learning goals in the B.S.B.A. program.
School of Management A.A.S. Academic Policies and Standards
NYIT admission standards and other academic policies apply to the A.A.S. program. Graduates who earn an A.A.S. and choose to continue their studies toward the B.S.B.A. must comply with the academic policies relevant to that program.
Back to Top
This program follows our general admission requirements.
- Completed application
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Copies of transcripts of all high school work, including college-level courses. Your midyear and final grades will be required. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Official SAT (critical reading and math only) or ACT test scores. You have the option of submitting results from the previous or redesigned SAT. If you have fewer than 24 credits of previous college work completed, you will need to submit official SAT or ACT scores.
- NYIT SAT Code: 2561, NYIT ACT Code: 2832
- Two letters of recommendation
300–350 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Tell us about your career goals and why attending NYIT would further these goals.
- Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and why.