Financial Aid for Contractual Agreements: Graduate Students
NYIT students who want to attend foreign schools (both Title IV and Non-Title IV eligible) and Non-Title IV eligible domestic institutions for a semester may be able to use federal financial aid under a Contractual Agreement. Students must be approved by their respective academic department prior to attending the semester(s).
At least four weeks prior to the start of the semester, student must contact the Office of Financial Aid to:
- Ensure they have a valid FAFSA on file at NYIT (using Title IV code 002782).
- Ensure the institution they plan to attend will participate in a Contractual Agreement.
- Submit a Complete Contractual Agreement form.
- Submit documentation of the cost of attendance from the institution to be attended.
- Submit Verification of Enrollment (Course Registration) from the institution to be attended.
- Submit contact information from the institution to be attended.
- Submit NYIT academic department's approval (Permission to Enroll).
- If paying tuition at the other school, submit an invoice from the school to be attended.
The regulations of the U.S. Department of Education govern Title IV student eligibility and eligible amounts. Based on federal regulations, there is a limit on the portion of the program that can be offered by the host school under a contractual agreement. The portion allowed ranges between 25 percent and 50 percent of an educational program that can be provided by the ineligible school.
For further information, please refer to the 2019–2020 FSA Handbook, Vol. 2, Ch. 2, pp. 24–26 School Eligibility and Operations, (34 CFR 668.39 and 34 CFR 668.50).