Social sciences at NYIT include History, Philosophy, and Political Science. These disciplines impart appreciation for intellectual, historical, and political accomplishments of humankind and aid students in assuming civic and social responsibility. Students who major in Political Science are prepared for public service and policy formation; graduate programs in Political Science and related areas; and careers in law, international service, and politics.
Back to Top
This program follows our general admission requirements.
- Completed application
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Copies of transcripts of all high school work, including college-level courses. Your midyear and final grades will be required. All final, official transcripts must be received prior to the start of your first semester.
- Official SAT (critical reading and math only) or ACT test scores. You have the option of submitting results from the previous or redesigned SAT. If you have fewer than 24 credits of previous college work completed, you will need to submit official SAT or ACT scores.
- NYIT SAT Code: 2561, NYIT ACT Code: 2832
Two letters of recommendation
300–350 word essay on one of the following topics:
- Tell us about your career goals and why attending NYIT would further these goals.
- Describe the achievement of which you are most proud and why.