Émigré Physicians Program (EPP)
New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM) offers a unique program to re-train émigré physicians born and trained outside the United States to become Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.). NYITCOM is the only medical school in the United States offering such a program and it is only offered at the Old Westbury, New York medical school campus.
- Admission is competitive and highly selective; limited to 35 seats.
- Four-year, full-time U.S. medical school program.
- EPP students are fully integrated into the entering D.O. class and participate in all aspects of student life; research opportunities available with faculty.
- Admitted students are strongly discouraged from working full-time throughout each academic year.
- Students must successfully complete all academic requirements in order to qualify for graduation.
- Medical residency follows successful graduation. Length of residency varies depending on medical specialty.
For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions:
NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine
Office of Admissions
Serota Academic Center, Room 203
Northern Boulevard, PO Box 8000
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000