Émigré Physicians Program (EPP)
NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine (NYITCOM) offers a unique program to retrain émigré physicians who were born and trained outside the United States to become Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.). NYITCOM is the only medical school in the United States offering such a program, and it is only offered at the Old Westbury, New York, medical school campus.
- Admission is competitive and highly selective; limited to 35 seats.
- Four-year, full-time U.S. medical school program.
- EPP students are fully integrated into the entering D.O. class and participate in all aspects of student life; research opportunities available with faculty.
- Admitted students are strongly discouraged from working fulltime throughout each academic year.
- Students must successfully complete all academic requirements in order to qualify for graduation.
- Medical residency follows successful graduation. Length of residency varies depending on medical specialty.
For more information, please contact the Office of Admissions:
NYIT College of Osteopathic Medicine
Office of Admissions
Serota Academic Center, Room 203
Northern Boulevard, PO Box 8000
Old Westbury, NY 11568-8000