NYIT fosters the global exchange of students, ideas, and experiences. As such, we encourage all students to study abroad either for short-term or semester-long programs.
We offer a semester-long study abroad program in China at our Nanjing campus, in both the fall and spring semesters. Although this program is primarily open to undergraduate students majoring in business, computer sciences, electrical engineering, and communication arts, students from all other disciplines are welcome to apply.
NYIT students in New York may also spend one semester or a full academic year at our campus in the United Arab Emirates. NYIT offers exchange programs and/or study abroad programs at the following institutions:
- University of Rotterdam: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Communication University of China (CUC): Beijing, China
- Isik University: Istanbul, Turkey
- IT University: Copenhagen, Denmark
NYIT's colleges and schools offer short-term summer and intersession programs, often led by faculty. We offer the following programs, among others:
- General Assembly Tech Intensive: London, England or San Francisco, California
- Summer Engineering School: Lyon, France (undergraduate)
- Intersession Business School: Delhi, India and Barcelona, Spain (undergraduate and graduate)
- Summer Architecture Studio Abroad: locations vary each year (undergraduate)
- EFAP Summer Program in Paris: Paris, France (undergraduate and graduate)
- Hospitality Intersession Program: Costa Rica (undergraduate)
- Mexico: A Better Perspective Summer Program: Mexico City, Mexico (undergraduate)
NYIT partners with CIS Abroad, AIFS, and API to provide additional study abroad and scholarship opportunities to our students.
Similarly, NYIT undergraduate or graduate students from NYIT global campuses can spend one semester or more at our campuses in New York. Graduate students in the School of Management may spend a semester at our campus in Vancouver, Canada, or in Shanghai, China, through our partner university, Tongji University.
The Office of Global Engagement can coordinate undergraduate and graduate study abroad opportunities through other institutions and providers around the globe as well as provide information about scholarships and funding. For more information about study abroad, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646.273.6113.