School of Engineering and Computing Sciences
Nada Marie Anid, Ph.D., Dean
- Computer Science, B.S.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering, B.S.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering Technology, B.S.
- Engineering Management, B.S.
- Information Technology, B.S.
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.
- Bioengineering, M.S.
- Computer Science, M.S.
- Information, Network, and Computer Security, M.S.
- Electrical and Computer Engineering, M.S.
- Energy Management, M.S.
- Environmental Technology and Sustainability, M.S.
- Mechanical Engineering, M.S.
- Advanced Certificate in Energy Technology
- Advanced Certificate in Environmental Management
- Advanced Certificate in Facilities Management
- Advanced Certificate in Infrastructure Security Management
The School of Engineering and Computing Sciences prides itself on providing high-quality undergraduate and graduate programs that prepare students for advanced studies and challenging positions in business, government, and industry. The school is guided in this mission by the tenets embraced by NYIT: the professional preparation of students, applications-oriented research, and access to opportunity for all qualified students.
Integral to success are our faculty's dedication to teaching, scholarship, and service; the support of NYIT alumni, industrial advisory boards, friends, and employers; and the college's state-of-the-art facilities that provide students with a solid foundation for achievement.
To accomplish its mission, the School of Engineering and Computing Sciences:
- Offers a broad range of outstanding, accredited academic programs
- Supports faculty members who are effective teacher-scholars committed to a student-centered, stimulating learning and research environment
- Engages students in applied projects, innovative design, and computing solutions to real industry questions
- Fosters connections and partnerships with employers, alumni, and the community at large
- Provides the physical space and modern facilities that befit a premier university
Vision: Engineering for Society, Innovating for a Better World
At NYIT's School of Engineering and Computing Sciences, students have the opportunity to work on 21st-century technological challenges that directly affect the world in which they live. The school is known as "the place" where innovators, engineering firms, public utilities, and federal and state agencies seek talented faculty and students to advance their projects, inventions, and technologies in the classroom, the lab, the field, or on site. By the time they graduate, our "industry ready" students are equipped with the fundamentals needed to pursue graduate studies and are prepared to join the workforce with minimal on-the-job training.